1. The Nationals team ERA is 5.34
2. The bullpen has blown 14 saves this season
3. THIS IS YOUR BULLPEN: Steven Shell, Michael Hinkley, Kip Wells, Garrett Mock, Wil Ledezma, Jason Bergmann, Saul Rivera, Jesus Colome....TERRIBLE
4. Jesus Flores has missed a majority of the season
5. Lastings Milledge is in AAA and has a terrible attitude
6. Scott Olson has missed a majority of the season
7. Daniel Cabrera...35 to 16 BB/K ratio!
8. Austin Kearns...where did all the talent go?
9. Closer Joel Hanrahan has a 6.35 ERA
10. Ronnie Belliard is hitting .175
11. John Lannan is the only starting pitcher with an ERA under 5.
12. The starting rotation is one of, if not the, youngest rotations in baseball
13. The Nationals are last in fielding percentage
14. Adam Dunn, who is 6'6, 285 lbs, is stuck in left field. Hands down, one of the worst OFs in baseball.
15. Yes, Corey Patterson is on the roster right now.
Bottom Line: there is no way that Nationals management SHOULD blame Acta for the Nationals poor play. He has been given very little talent to work with. Could another manager do a better job with this group? Hell no. So then why fire Acta? I can't understand it.
THERE IS VERY LITTLE TALENT HERE.
And finally, ask yourself this: is there a better manager out there for the Nationals to turn to if they do decide to can Acta? I say no. Acta has been given virtually nothing to work with during his three years with the Nationals and their poor record is a reflection of former GM Jim Bowden, not Manny Acta.
Before the Nationals fire Manny Acta, they should give the man some talent to work with instead of running out a cast of retreads and has beens on the pitching side.
Individual Pizzas Are Crap
15 minutes ago