Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jerry Manuel Is A Violent Fellow

Last season, Mets manager Jerry Manuel jokingly threatened to pull a knife on Jose Reyes in the media because Reyes showed up Manuel during a game.


“I told him the next time he does that, I’m going to get my blade out and
cut him, right on the field. Hey, I’m a gangsta now. You go
gangsta on me, I’m gonna have to get you now.”

And now, after Mets OF Ryan Church faied to touch third base during last night's game, Manuel again pulled out the imaginary joke threat. This time though, Manuel decided to take care of business without a weapon.

"You're doggone right I was mad at him," Manuel said, smiling. "If he was my
son, I would have strangled him."
So there you have it. Mets players: don't make Jerry Manuel mad, or else!

No comments: