Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Do You Know Who Andrew Bailey Is?

Because Mariano Rivera sure doesn't.

Jeter knew little of Lincecum and Rivera knew nothing of one of his own All-Star teammates.

Asked if he had heard of Andrew Bailey, Rivera said, "Andrew Bailey? No I haven't."

Rivera was told Bailey is an All-Star closer representing the A's.

"He's on the West Coast."

But he's in the AL.

"Same league, but I haven't heard of him. Maybe I heard about him, but I'm not too familiar. I don't follow or watch. But personally, I don't know who he is."

On the bright side, now I have something in common with Andrew Bailey. Mariano Rivera has no idea who am I either.

Hopefully Bailey, one of the best stories in the all star game, will get a chance to show Rivera who he is tonight and come out with his best stuff.

No comments: