Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Get Your Pitchforks Ready, Royals Fans

Because apparently, Trey Hillman, manager of the last place Royals, thinks you have no idea what your talking about.

"KC Royals manager Trey Hillman apparently doesn't suffer fools gladly. Especially Royals fans who, he thinks, don't know what they're talking about.

"There’s a lot that people don’t know," Hillman told The Star recently. "I’m not going to bang my head against the wall defending things I do or do not do in trying to educate the masses about things that, quite frankly, I can’t educate. There’s just too much.... That’s not me getting my violin out. I don’t want people feeling sorry for me. I love my job. But there’s a lot of moving parts to being a major-league manager that people don’t get."
I'm sure there is lots that comes with being a major league manager that the public has no idea about because hell, a large majority of the public has never managed at any level in professional baseball.

But Royals fans are not stupid. They can recognize when a ball club is moving in the right direction and there is no doubt that this team is not performing well at all. One can make the case that Trey Hillman is one of the worst managers in the American League. Others would argue that the Royals struggles are all because of Dayton Moore.

No matter where you stand, it's clear that both Moore and Hillman deserve blame (and lots of it) for the Royals this season.

If challenging the fans makes Hillman believe somewhere in his mythical world that the Royals are not a mess, then so be it. No matter how the Royals finish in the standings in 2009 (and beyond), there is no doubt that the patience and sanity of Royals fans has to be waring thin.

Only one thing's for sure: thank God for Greinke.

(Side Note: After a year and a half of Trey Hillman, I'm sure 99.9999% of Royals fans out there have no interest in being educated by the Royals skipper.)

No comments: