Monday, December 22, 2008

It's the Hard Knock Life

I know this is a baseball blog, but the symmetry between the Mets and Jets, two teams that I root heaviest for, is remarkably eerie this morning.

Yay for yet another collapse!

I have been a Jets fan for as long as I can remember. And each season, they have let me down. And it seems as though this season is going to be no exception.

For all of you non-football fans out there, the Jets fell from first to third in the AFC East by losing to lowly Seattle yesterday, 13-3. The loss probably eliminates the Jets' playoff hopes and reduces Jet fans to ponder how this former "Super Bowl Contender" could have blown the division lead late in the season.

And as we all know, my beloved Mets have collapsed in September for the last two seasons, painfully losing a playoff spot on the final day of the season.

Losing is painful enough, but late season collapses are absolute torture. The highs and lows of a good, but not good enough season suck the life out of a fan base while leaving me feeling paralyzed to think about football or the Jets.

So instead, I'll leave you with a video that will better express how much it sucks to be a Mets and Jets fan right now.





We will now return to your previously scheduled baseball content.

No comments: