Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day Shots: Nick Lachey...C'mon Cincinnati!

Seriously Cincinnati? You couldn't find anyone else to throw out the first pitch besides Nick Lachey. Mr. Jessica Simpson! Wasn't he famous like 10 years ago? Is there any reason why Lachey is still relevant?

If it were up to me, I would have loved to have Tony Perez, Johnny Bench, Pokey Reese, Sean Casey, or Pete Harnish throw out the first pitch. Any old time Reds player would do. Hell, even Dusty Baker's son would have sufficed for me. As long as he does not block home plate...again.

(photo: AP)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess you're not up on current events. Nick is the producer of a hit show on MTV: Taking the Stage that was filmed in Cincinnati. New album is about to be released, single is out and on the charts. Last year, was on a reality show where his group won and money went to Cincinnati Childrens Hospital. He is a local icon.

Jorge Says No! said...

I'm pretty up on my pop culture, but I can honestly say that I have never watched the show.

I remember What's Left of Me, but I have not heard a thing about a new album or a single...

Did you know that Lachey part owns the Tacoma Rainiers? Interesting baseball factoid right there.

Anonymous said...

Dude lighten up....I'm so over people ragging on this guy for no reason. So you don't think he's worthy of the honor, but if the Reds asked him to throw out the pitch, let him have his moment.

If the tables were turned, and you had the opportunity, how would you feel about people nitpicking about how relevant YOU were just to throw out a baseball?

Anonymous said...

Jorge, what in the fuck have you done lately besides write this lame blog?